A publicly traded Israeli company active in the development, financing, operation and management of solar energy projects.
Through its full subsidiary the Jordan Valley Solar Project Company Menorah Mivtahim Energy Ltd., the company is in the process of initiating a 360MW solar energy project in the Jordan Valley in the occupied West Bank. The project, which takes up a total of 3,000 dunams of occupied land, is currently in the planning stages before the Supreme Planning Council of the Israeli Civil Administration in the West Bank.
The company entered into option agreements with 13 settlements for the right to use their land for a period not exceeding 24 years and 11 months in exchange for a fixed annual usage fee. The company noted that it may, to the extent required by the Israel Land Authority, act through a joint corporation with the settlements to carry out the project, in which Teralight will hold 74% and the settlements would hold the remaining 26%.
During 2019, the company commissioned a survey conducted by the Israel Electric Company (IEC) which supports the project and approves its connection to the electricity grid during 2022-2023.
In March 2020, Menorah Mivtahim C.S Solar Investments 1 Ltd, a fully owned subsidiary of Teralight, won an Israeli Civil Administration tender for setting a tariff for electricity generation using photovoltaic technology in facilities in the West Bank that will be connected to high and low voltage. The tender involves a total installed capacity of 9.97 megawatts. For the purpose of establishing and operating the project, the company and the settlement of Na’ama in the Jordan Valley established a company in which they hold 74% and 26% stakes, respectively. The project was originally established in partnership with Canadian Solar, but Teralight acquired its rights in the project in February 2021.
In 2022, Menorah Mivtahim Energy was selected to participate in a pilot program launched by the Ministry of Energy and the Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development to examine the feasibility of the dual use of agricultural land for electricity generation from solar energy. As part of the project, the company will collaborate with Ariel University to construct an agro-voltaic facility in a vineyard in the settlement of Beka’ot in the Jordan Valley.
In September 2021, the company acquired 75% of the shares of Dunmore, a solar project in Alberta, Canada with a capacity of approximately 258 megawatts.
In March 2022, the board of directors approved a plan to expand into the field of investment in solar projects in the UK. Investments will be carried out in collaboration with local partners who will invest 10% in the projects.
The company is publicly traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TRLT.
Major shareholders: Palamas Establishment (26.91%), Najaden Establishment (26.91%), Leumi Bank (15.55%), Harel Insurance Investments & Financial Services Ltd (5.99%), Aharon Kalman (2.46%).
Palamas Establishment and Najaden Establishment are also the controlling shareholders in Menorah Mivtachim Holdings, a publicly traded Israeli conglomerate.
CEO: Rani Lifshitz
Chairman: Yonel Cohen
Subsidiaries include Dunmore Solar (75%) Inc, Menorah Mivtahim Energy (100%), Teralight Solar Tech (61.81%), Menorah Mivtachim and Synergy Energy General Partner Ltd (50%), Menorah Mivtachim Energy Jordan Valley Solar Project (100%), MMPI-CS Israel Solar Investments 1, Limited Partnership (100%), Menorah Mivtachim C.S Solar Investments 1 Ltd, Menora Mivtachim C.S – Naama Solar Project Ltd (74%).
Canadian Solar (NASDAQ: CSIQ)
All the information contained in this page is valid until Sun 12/06/2022
- ABB Group
- Adanim Tea Company (1991)
- Agrexco Carmel Agricultural Export Company
- B.D.T.H Israel Solar Energy Ltd.
- Bickel Group
- Compost Or
- Dekel Acher Construction and Investments
- EffiSolar Enterprises Inc.
- Energix Renewable Energies
- Enerpoint Israel
- Enlight Renewable Energy
- General Electric
- Harel Insurance Investments and Financial Services
- Herzel Bibi – Nitsat HaDuvdevan
- Housing and Construction Holding Co. (Shikun & Binui Group)
- Israel Chemicals (ICL Group)
- Kardan NV
- Menorah Mivtahim Holdings
- Mifalei Tuff – Agricultural Cooperative Society LTD
- Migdal Insurance and Financial Holdings
- Minrav Group
- Nextcom Group
- SMA Solar Technology
- Tahal Group International
- Tal El Collection and Recycling
- The Phoenix Holdings
- Yamit Filtration and Water Treatment (Formerly: Yamit E.L.I.)
Find A Company