Ofertext manufactures textile from recycled materials through non-woven stitch bonding and needle techniques.
The company’s main products are floor rags, bathmats, home mats, pet mats and Geotechnical fabric, used by construction and infrastructure companies.
Ofertext’s main production site is located in Barkan Industrial Zone (IZ), in the occupied West Bank. The company also has a marketing and distribution office in Miami Florida, USA.
Ofertext has a track record of exploiting Palestinian workers at its main production site in Barkan IZ. According to Kav La Oved, between 2008-2013, the company was sued by 25 Palestinian workers for a total amount of 546,988 NIS (~ 156,801 USD).
Barkan IZ is one of 20 settler IZs and is the biggest employer of Palestinian workers. Palestinian workers in IZs are exploited as a cheap labour and work in precarious and often dangerous conditions. Check out Who Profits’ dynamic report on settler industrial zones for more information on the structural exploitation of Palestinian workers.
Major shareholders: Meir Tzvi through Ofertex Industries Ltd. and Shaham Avner through Ero-Jet Investment ltd. Together they hold around 50% of the company.
Other shareholders include: Fisherman Eli’ezer, Mavar Ltd., Eden – Ron Investment Company Ltd.
CEO: Zvi Meir.
Kimberly-Clark, GiFi, Walmart, Carrefour, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Coop, Kroger, Auchan, Scotch-Brite, Jumbo Supermarkten, Sano, ROSS- Dress for Less, 99c Only.
Company customers include Kimberly Clark, Ilko (Latin America), Mr. Propre, 3M, Dollar General, Dollar Tree.
All the information contained in this page is valid until Mon 16/12/2019
- Abadi Bakery
- Ability Inc.
- Ackerstein Industries
- Ahdut Factory for Tehina Halva and Sweets (Ahdut – Achva)
- All Trade Recycling
- Almog C.D.A.Y
- Avi Cranes
- Carmel Industries (I.L.)
- CNH Industrial (Formerly CNH Global)
- Delta Galil Industries
- Doosan Corporation
- Elyahu Zalman & Sons Metal Tubes Industries
- Group 5 Security (Tzevet 5)
- Ha’argaz Technopach Metal Industries
- Hamat Group (formerly: Lipski Plastic)
- Hanson Israel (formerly: Pioneer Concrete Israel)
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
- I.R.P.C. Rubber Products Co.
- JCB (J. C. Bamford Excavators)
- JLG Industries
- Keter Plastic (Keter Group)
- Kvotzat Mifalei J.Brosh – Brosh Fibers (formerly Ayelet Barkan)
- Margolin Bros
- Molitan Industries
- Neetuv Management and Development Co.
- Oppenheimer Manufacturing and Marketing
- Ramat Hagolan Dairies (Golan Heights Dairies)
- Rami Levy Chain Stores Hashikma Marketing 2006
- Rolbit Electronic Thermostats and Controllers
- Shamir Salads
- Supergum Industries
- Teltone Electronics
- Unikowsky Maoz
- Volvo Group (AB Volvo)
- Yahav Oranit