A publicly traded Spanish company specializing in the design and implementation of transit systems. CAF provides project and engineering management which includes system design, civil work, signaling, electrification and other electromechanical systems, rolling stock supply and system operation and maintenance.
The company, and its Israeli partner Shapir Engineering & Industry Ltd., have won the tender to build, operate and maintain the Green Line and build the Red Line extension and operate and maintain the entire Red Line of the Jerusalem light rail.
The Jerusalem light rail connects large Israeli settlement blocs in occupied East Jerusalem with the western part of the city, expropriating occupied Palestinian land and promoting increased territorial contiguity for settlements. The Green Line links the settlement of Gilo to the city center and Mt. Scopus.
This project includes the construction of 27 kilometres of new track, 53 new stations and various depots covering the entire stretch of the current Red Line (6.8 kilometres), and the construction of the new Green Line which is 20.6 km long. The contract also includes the design and supply of 114 new Urbos trams for the new Green Line, and the refurbishment of the 46 units which are currently in service on the existing Red Line. The project will also include the supply of the signaling, energy and communication systems, as well as the operation and maintenance of the Red Line and the Green Line for periods of 15 and 25 years respectively, with the possibility of extending the term of operation.
Major shareholders: Cartera Social S.A. (25.16%); Kutxabank S.A. (14.06%); Indumenta Pueri S.L. (5.02%); Templeton Investment Counsel, LLC. (3.01%); EDM Gestion, S.A. S.G.I.I.C. (3.02%)
Chairman: Andres Arizkorreta Garcia
The company owns 87 subsidiaries worldwide.
Shapir Engineering & Industry
All the information contained in this page is valid until Fri 16/08/2019
- Afcon Holdings
- Altice International
- Amy Metom Engineers and Consultants
- Ashtrom Group
- David Ackerstein Ltd.
- DJI – DaJiang Innovation Technology Company
- Doosan Corporation
- Egis Rail
- El-Far Electronics Systems
- Gadish Engineering – Yoram Gadish Group
- Hapoalim Bank
- Hot Mobile (formerly: Mirs Communications)
- Hot Telecommunication Systems
- Housing and Construction Holding Co. (Shikun & Binui Group)
- JCB (J. C. Bamford Excavators)
- Leumi Bank
- Mikud Guarding Security Services & Cleaning
- Modi’in Ezrachi
- Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises
- New Way Traffic
- P.L.H. Lighting Engineering
- Readymix Industries (Israel) Ltd. Group
- RT LTA Systems
- Shapir Engineering and Industry
- T&M Protection Resources Holdings Israel (T&M Israel)
- Volvo Group (AB Volvo)
- Yehuda Welded Mesh
- YSB – Ya’acobi Brothers Group