Hewlett-Packard has now split into two separate companies under a shared brand: Hewlett Packard Enterprise and HP Inc.
Hewlett-Packard, the global technology, computing and IT services provider, has now split into two separate companies: Hewlett Packard Enterprise, which focuses on infrastructure, software and services, and mainly deals with large corporations and bodies; and HP Inc., which covers the firm’s personal systems and printing segment.
It is still not clear which entity will maintain its involvement in the occupied Palestinian territory. Yet, since most of the company’s involvement in the Israeli occupation is providing services or systems to different organizations and authorities – it is more likely therefore for Hewlett Packard Enterprise to be contracted.
HP’s involvement in the occupation includes the development, installation, maintenance and on-going field support of the Basel biometric identification system, which is installed in checkpoints in the Occupied West Bank and Gaza. HP has also provided services and technologies to the Israeli Prison Service and to the Israeli army. The company operates a development center in Beitar Illit and provides services and technologies to two of the biggest Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank: Modi’in Illit and Ariel.
It is important to note that both companies continue to maintain and share the HP brand.
- “Big Brother” in Jerusalem’s Old City: Israel’s Militarized Visual Surveillance System in Occupied East Jerusalem
- Agribusiness as Usual: Agricultural Technology and the Israeli Occupation
- Caterpillar Imports of Bulldozers to the Israeli Army Is on Hold
- Cisco's Involvement in the Israeli Occupation
- Danish Companies Provide Services in West Bank Settlements
- Elbit Systems' Complicity in the Assault on Gaza 2014
- Facts on the Ground: Heavy Engineering Machinery and the Israeli Occupation
- For Medicinal Purposes: The Israeli Military Sector and the Coronavirus Crisis
- Ford’s Sales to the Israeli Army
- Hewlett Packard (HP) And The Israeli Occupation
- Hewlett Packard (HP) Renewed Its Contract With the Israeli Ministry of Defence for the Maintenance of the Basel System in Checkpoints
- HP Will Continue Maintaining the Basel System Until the End of 2015
- Infrastructures of Dispossession and Control: Transport Development in East Jerusalem
- Israeli Repression of the Palestinian May Uprising: Suppliers of Crowd Control Weapons
- Motorola Solutions to Provide Encrypted Smartphones to the Israeli Army
- Privatizing Security: Corporate Involvement in the Checkpoints
- Proven Effective: Crowd Control Weapons in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Repression Diplomacy: The Israeli Cyber Industry
- Signal Strength: Occupied: The Telecommunications Sector and the Israeli Occupation
- Technologies of Control: The Case of Hewlett Packard (HP)
- The Gendered Aspect of Israeli Checkpoints in the OPT
- The Israeli Ministry of Defense Expands HP’s Biometric System in Checkpoints
- Tools of Dispossession in the Naqab: Development and Military Projects
- Volvo Provides Buses Used as Mobile Interrogation Rooms by Israel's General Security Services
- الردّ الأمنيّ والعسكريّ الإسرائيليّان على الوباء: دلالات وتداعيات
- حقائق على أرض الواقع: المعدّات الهندسيّة الثّقيلة والاحتلال الاسرائيلي
- دبلوماسية القمع: صناعة السايبر الإسرائيلية
- في صيانة نظام "بيزيل" حتّى نهاية العام 2015 HP سوف تستمرّ شركة
- نجاعة مُثبتة: أسلحة السّيطرة على الجماهير في الأراضي الفلسطينيّة المُحتلَّة