G4S, the British-Danish security corporation, announced that it intends to sell the entire corporate activity of G4S Israel.
G4S, the British-Danish security corporation, announced on 9 March that it intends to sell the entire corporate activity of G4S Israel. G4S Israel had revenues of over 190 million USD in 2014. The company announced that the sale of G4S Israel, in addition to three other units in the US and in the UK, will be executed in the coming two years.
According to G4S’s announcement:
“Through our continuing portfolio management programme, we also expect to exit a number of other businesses with combined revenues of £400 million in the next 12 to 24 months including G4S Israel … We expect the sale of these businesses and the 38 businesses previously identified, to materially improve our strategic focus and to realise further sales proceeds of between £250-350 million.”
Since 2011, the company has been declaring it intends to end its activities in Israel and in the occupied Palestinian territory. Moreover, the company previously announced its intention not to renew its contracts with the Israeli Prisons Service, the Israeli Ministry of Defense and the Israeli Police, which all include activities in the Occupied Palestinian Territory. Yet, according to a freedom of information request, G4S was still contracted by these bodies in 2015.
G4S Israel’s involvement in the occupation includes providing security services to West Bank settlements and Industrial Zones, equipment to Israeli checkpoints, providing security systems to the Israeli prisons, the Israeli Army, the Israeli Ministry of Defense, and to the Israeli Police headquarters in the West Bank.
Who Profits will continue to follow up on this issue and the implementation of the sale.
- Announcements By G4S Regarding Their Activities in the Israeli Prison Services: Translation
- Cisco's Involvement in the Israeli Occupation
- Corporations That Provide Services to Israeli Prisons
- Holding Palestinians in Incarceration Facilities Inside Israel: A Translation of HCJ Verdict
- The Israeli Exploitation of Palestinian Natural Resources: Part III: Ashtrom
- The Israeli Government Is About to Renew the Electronic Monitor Contract with G4S
- What We Know About HP So Far