In 2001, Dexia Group bought the Israeli Municipality Treasure Bank and established Dexia Israel. Dexia Israel has been giving long-term loans to municipalities of Israeli settlements in the occupied territories.
In September 2014, Dexia Israel Bank provided a loan turnover of NIS 1.25 million to Shomron Regional Council for sewage lines along Nahal Qana (Qana stream) in the oPt.
In the past, Dexia Israel Bank granted a loan to the Shomron Regional Council and Kolhey Hasharon corporation for funding a sewage project. In September 2014, the bank granted a loan turnover of NIS 1.25 million to the Shomron Regional Council.
In 2009, Dexia Israel issued a 6.8 million NIS loan for waste management systems in the settlement of Bat Ayin. The loan is given from state funds through the administration for sewage infrastructures.
Since 2005 the bank has been giving long-term loans and other financial services to more than ten different Israeli municipalities in the occupied West Bank, including: Ariel, Elkana, Alfei Menashe, Har Hebron (South Hebron Hills), Kdumim and Giv’at Zeev.
Dexia Israel provided a guarantee for a project of the Israeli Ministry of Defense to purchase and install lighting around Kdumim settlement.
Dexia Israel provides fund management for several settlements: Gush Etzion settlements’ regional council receives all of its state funds through Dexia Bank; The bank operates the account of Katzrin settlement in the Golan Heights. Katzrin receives funds from the different government offices through Dexia Bank.
All Mifal HaPayis (Israeli national lottery) grants given to settlements for construction of buildings and facilities are transferred through Dexia Israel bank. In the past three years, Dexia Israel bank has been managing bank account for the Israeli lottary projects of Shomron Regional Council, Mateh Binyamin Regional Council, Gush Eztion Regional Council, Har Hevron Regional Council, Megilot Dead Sea Regional Council, Efrat Local Council, Alfei Menashe Local Council, Kedumim Local Council and Kiryat Arba Local Council.
Between 2010-2013 Mifal HaPayis provided grants to the following settlements: Alfei Menashe, Alon Shvut, Ariel, Atniel, Beit El, Beitar Illit, Bney Yehuda (Golan Heights), Dolev, Efrat, Elazar (Gush Etzion), Elkana, Eshkolot (South Hebron Hiils), Etz Efraim, Geva Binyamin (Adam), Givat Ze’ev, Har Hadar, Har Hevron, Hagay, Hinanit, Hashmonaim, Imanuel, Itamar, Kalia, Karney Shomron, Katzrin (Golan Heights), Kdumim, Kfar Adumim, Kiryat Arba, Kohav Hashahar, Ma’ale Adumim, Ma’ale Efraim, Mevo Beitar, Mevo Horon, Modi’in Ilit, Neveh Daniel, Nili, Nofim, Ofra, Oranit, Peduel, Settlement neighborhoods in East Jerusalem, Shilo, Yakir.
In addition, between 2010-2013, grants were given to the following Regional councils in the OPT: Bik’at Hayarden (The regional council of the occupied part of the Jordan Valley), Megilot Dead Sea regional council, Har Hevron, Mate Binyamin, Gush Etzion and Shomron. Grants were also given to Golan regional council in the Golan Heights.
Click here to read the full report about the involvement of the Israeli banks in the settlement enterprise from February 2017.
Click here to read the full report about the involvement of the Israeli banks in the occupation industry from October 2010.
Dexia Israel is a part of the Dexia Group, through Dexia SA, which holds 65.3% of its shares.
Dexia SA has been undergoing a re-organization process, in the framework of which it recived EU 7.7 bilion from the states of Belgioum and France. In addition, the states of Belgium, Franch and Luxemburg provided Dexia SA with state bonds of EU 17 biliion. This increase in capital turns the states of Belgium and France to shareholders in Dexia SA, when the Belgium Federal Government owns 50.02% of the shares and the Franch government ownes 44.4% of the shares.
Chair: Jean-Francois Pouchous
CEO: Olivier Gutman
Dexia Israel Issuance, Dexia Israel Operation Finance.
All the information contained in this page is valid until Wed 01/02/2017
- Actuonix Motion Devices
- Afcon Holdings
- Ahdut Factory for Tehina Halva and Sweets (Ahdut – Achva)
- AM General
- AnyVision Interactive Technologies
- Atlas Copco
- B.G. Ilanit Gates and Urban Elements
- Bardarian Brothers
- Beit Alpha Technologies (B.A.T)
- BlueBird Aero Systems
- Bobcat Company
- C. Mer Group
- Carmor (Formerly: Hatehof)
- Cisco systems
- Colmobil Corporation
- Combined Systems (CSI)
- Comodan Far East
- Contact International (Kalia Israel Ammunition Co.)
- Controp Precision Technologies
- Danya Cebus
- Delek Israel Fuel
- DJI – DaJiang Innovation Technology Company
- El Go Team
- El-Far Electronics Systems
- Elbit Systems
- Eli Yohanan Engineers
- Eltal Technologistics
- Elyakim Ben Ari
- F.K. Generators and Equipment
- Ford Motor Company
- G1 Secure Solutions (formerly G4S Israel)
- General Motors Company
- Gilat Satellite Networks
- Greenkote Plc (Summet Hitech Coatings)
- Hot Mobile (formerly: Mirs Communications)
- Hot Telecommunication Systems
- Housing and Construction – Solel Boneh Infrastructures (formerly Solel Boneh)
- Housing and Construction Holding Co.
- I.R.P.C. Rubber Products Co.
- JCB (J. C. Bamford Excavators)
- K-9 Solutions
- L-3 Communications
- Land Rover
- Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD)
- M.R. Hunter
- MAN Group
- Matrix IT
- Mayer’s Cars and Trucks
- MDT Armor
- MDT Protective Industries
- Merkavim Transportation Technologies
- Mifram Group
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Motorola Solutions
- Motorola Solutions Israel
- mPrest Systems
- Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises
- New Way Traffic
- Olenik Transportation Earth Work and Road Constructions
- Orkal Industries and Mechanization
- P.L.H. Lighting Engineering
- Partner Communications (formerly Orange)
- Paz Oil Company
- Phoenicia America-Israel (Flat Glass)
- Ral Electric Holdings (formerly: Adir Electric Boards)
- Reshef Security
- RT LTA Systems
- Shamir Salads
- Shamrad Electronics
- Stentofon Israel
- Supergum Industries
- Taavura Holdings
- Tahal Group International
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Trima Israel Pharmaceutical Products – Maabarot
- Union Motors
- Y. Tzarfati Car and Metal Services
- Yahav Oranit
- Yechezkel Morad
- Yehuda Welded Mesh