AnyVision is a private Israeli company specializing in the development of face, body and object-recognition software.
The company’s software can be integrated into cameras of any type, equipping them with recognition capabilities. The company is involved in two projects of the Israeli military in the occupied West Bank. The first involves a system installed in military checkpoints that use AnyVision technology to identify who has a work permit and who does not. To work within the Green Line and in Israeli settlements, Palestinians must obtain a work permit issued by Israel’s security apparatus. One can only apply for a work permit if they have a biometric ID card, over 22years old and married.
The second, a more classified project, implemented within the West Bank and outside the military checkpoints. The project utilizes the company’s facial recognition technology, to latch on already existing CCTV cameras network, equipping them with facial recognition capabilities and thus heightening military monitoring and surveillance of Palestinians. In 2018, AnyVision received an award by the Israeli Ministry of Defense for its role in the project.
The company’s technology has also been used by the Israeli police as part of its surveillance apparatus in occupied East Jerusalem, where the primary target are the city’s Palestinian residents.
The company’s software has been installed in over 100,000 cameras, in 43 countries as part of some 350 projects. The software operates on real-time scanning and cross-analysis of data collected from various sources, including open-source data collection.
AnyVision has some 240 employees working out of its offices in Tel Aviv, London, New York, Mexico and Singapore. It also has a team of 30 PhD researcher based in Belfast, occupied Northern Ireland.
AnyVision was founded in 2015 by CEO Eylon Etshtein, CTO Prof. Neil Robertson and Shlomo Ben-Artzi.
Company shareholders include Digiti LLC, Holding Shares A.V. LTD, Robert Bosch Investment Nederland, Note Funding 18922 LLC, Lightspeed Venture Partners XII LP, Qualcomm Ventures LLC, Swarth Group LTD, as well as other Israeli and international investment funds and individual investors.
In June 2019, the company raised a total amount of 74 million USD in the company’s Series A funds financing. These were raised in the form of investment made by: M12 (Microsoft venture fund), DFG Grwoth, OG Technology Partners, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Robert Bosch GmbH, Qualcomm Ventures and Eldridge Industries.
- In March 2020, Microsoft announced it will divest its stakes in AnyVision, citing its mass surveillance of Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.
Microsoft, NVIDIA, Axis Communications, Milestone, Telefonica, Johnson Controls, Genetic, Bank Hapoalim, Bosch, Orion and Qualcomm.
All the information contained in this page is valid until Wed 17/07/2019
- Actuonix Motion Devices
- Afcon Holdings
- AM General
- Atlas Copco
- B.G. Ilanit Gates and Urban Elements
- Baran Group
- Bardarian Brothers
- Beit Alpha Technologies (B.A.T)
- BlueBird Aero Systems
- C. Mer Group
- Cisco systems
- Colmobil Corporation
- Combined Systems (CSI)
- Comodan Far East
- Contact International (Kalia Israel Ammunition Co.)
- Controp Precision Technologies
- Delek Israel Fuel
- Denya Cebus
- Dexia Israel (formerly: Local Municipality Treasure Bank)
- DJI – DaJiang Innovation Technology Company
- El Go Team
- El-Far Electronics Systems
- Elbit Systems
- Eli Yohanan Engineers
- Eltal Technologistics
- Elyakim Ben Ari
- F.K. Generators and Equipment
- Ford Motor Company
- G1 Secure Solutions (formerly G4S Israel)
- General Motors Company
- Gilat Satellite Networks
- Greenkote Plc (Summet Hitech Coatings)
- Hot Mobile (formerly: Mirs Communications)
- Hot Telecommunication Systems
- Housing and Construction Holding Co. (Shikun & Binui Group)
- I.R.P.C. Rubber Products Co.
- IDS – Integrated Detection Systems
- JCB (J. C. Bamford Excavators)
- K-9 Solutions
- L-3 Communications
- Land Rover
- Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD)
- M.R. Hunter
- Magna B.S.P
- MAN Group
- Matrix IT
- Mayer’s Cars and Trucks
- MDT Armor
- MDT Protective Industries
- Merkavim Transportation Technologies
- Mifram Group
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Motorola Solutions
- mPrest Systems
- Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises
- New Way Traffic
- Olenik Transportation Earth Work and Road Constructions
- Orkal Industries and Mechanization
- P.L.H. Lighting Engineering
- Partner Communications (formerly Orange)
- Paz Oil Company
- Phoenicia America-Israel (Flat Glass)
- Ral Electric Holdings (formerly: Adir Electric Boards)
- Reshef Security
- RT LTA Systems
- Shamir Salads
- Shamrad Electronics
- Stentofon Israel
- Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
- Supergum Industries
- Taavura Holdings
- Tahal Group International
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Trima Israel Pharmaceutical Products – Maabarot
- Union Motors
- Y. Tzarfati Car and Metal Services
- Yahav Oranit
- Yechezkel Morad
- Yehuda Welded Mesh